Just when I was really starting to enjoy this third pregnancy I was literally knocked off of my feet. On Easter Sunday I woke and felt itchy but didn't think anything of it. I told Colin that maybe he had brought something home with him from camping(we both laughed)! I had no idea that on Monday I would look like the picture above. It is and was so awful. The itching starts from under the skin in patches and then just spreads. If I scratch it I induce hives all over my body. I have had it on my stomach, legs, arms and back. I made an Apt with a dermatologist to see if what I had was called PUPPS. The dermatologist I went to was not my regular one because I wanted someone closer to where we live. He looked at me for five minutes and told me it was PUPPS. I just didn't feel good about the visit and wanted to get a second opinion from my regular doctor. A couple of days later I was having contractions which really scared me because I was only 25 weeks. They eventually went away and I fell asleep. I called my dermatologist and made the apt for Wednesday. On Wednesday while driving to the dermatologist I got contractions again. SCARY! My mom called and asked me to be tested for cholestatsis. The test results took five days and came back negative. The waiting was awful as is the unknown. I am not going to lie I am super excited that the baby will be okay but am sad because I still don't have an answer or a cure. I'm just trying to live one day at a time and pray that God gives me some answers or better yet just makes it go away. Today I have NEVER been thankful for 9 straight hours of no itching.
Graduation Day
3 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment