
Hanging out in the shade!

MiMi and Avah!

Chrisitan and Daddy! Relaxing on the beach!
This year our family took a trip down to Tampa to spend time with Mimi and PaPa Toe at their house. Last Friday we packed up the kids and headed on our 12 hour road trip(so we thought it would be 12 hours). We were leaving Woodbridge at around 8:00 because we thought that there would be NO traffic, well we were wrong. 95 was backed up so we ended up having to get on Route 1 for a while. The kids were well or should I say Christian was an Angel! Avah really doesn't like to be in her car seat and managed to scream the entire time until it was time to go to bed. Once we got on the interstate again the kids were passed out and it was smooth sailing from there. The traffic had pushed our trip back so we really didn't hit the Florida state line until 7 o'clock a.m. it takes about 5 hours to get to my mom's house from there. Once Avah woke up I feed her every 2 hours so the drive there ended up taking us 18 hours total. Christian had a blast playing in the pool all week. He was so brave he began jumping into the water the second day we were there. Avah just hung out in her swing for the most part. We got a couple of days of rain so we took Christian to the Aquarium and then another day we went to the mall. The last two days we were there we headed to the beach to get some sun and then we would go back to Mimi's house and jump in the pool. Not to mention my stepdad is an awesome sushi chef! We had the annual Dotto sushi dinner one night. It was so delicious I had not had sushi(raw) since I found out that we were having Avah so needless to say I was extremly excited to eat some fresh sushi. The drive back home took 13 hours. It seemed quicker to come home than to go there..maybe that was because I wanted to stay there. We had a great time in FL and we(well me) were very sad to leave my mom's house. We appreciate the time that the kids get with their grandparents so much ...I just wish we lived closer.....
0 comments:
Post a Comment