Friday, July 22, 2011

It's just hair....


C's hair before he cut it!

Christian right after cutting all of his hair off!
Big boy's new do! I am so thankful we know someone who can
really cut hair. Robyn was so kind and new that it was hard for me!
Not to mention she had just cut his hair last week.


It's just hair right...... I don't know? I still cannot swallow this phrase and let go of the fact that my 4 year old almost five now cut all of his bangs off last night. I went into the other room to get a shirt for home group and I told him to hurry up and dry off because we were running behind and when I came back there was hair ALL over the sink and he had a pair of trimming scissors in his hand and was cutting his hair. I must say if you know me I have very long hair and Christian has never had a short hair cut. It's just something about his hair when it is long that makes him seem like a little boy. When we cut his hair short he looks so much older than he really is. I had to go and pick up the sitter for home group and my girlfriend reassured me that her daughter to had once cut her hair as well. Also, her girls were very sweet and said that he looked very cute with short hair(hmmm I wonder?) I had a very long week this week just with friends moving, photo shoots going bad, and feeling overwhelmed. It is my fault for not trusting in the lord and just letting go of things that I cannot control. My verse for next week is... Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6. I am praying for a better week next week.

1 comments:

The Milne Family said...

Either long or short, he's quite handsome! We favor shorter cuts in our family (military background, I suppose). But I agree, he does look older! Looks cooler in this heat, too! :) Hang in there!
-Julie Milne