
The group! Avah, Colin, Christian, Bobby, Holly(with twins),Preston, Erica
Sierra, Taya, Tim, Livia, Jennifer, Ben, and Adriana!

The Welch Family!
This past weekend we had the opportunity to meet up with great friends who are all like family for a week vacation at the beach. We left on Friday and headed to Alabama. I was a little apprehensive about this trip since the last trip Avah didn't do so well in the car. She ended up doing great. We played a little movie for her and she loved it. We stopped to eat at Old Country Buffet and then headed on to Selma, Alabama to visit Shelley, Tyler, and Alyssa. They took us in at 4 in the morning and I must say we were treated so well. Thank you Shelley for being such a great host. The kids were all so excited to see everyone and to be honest I was so excited to see such a great friend. I really missed Shelley. We woke up the next morning and headed out of Selma to hit the beach. We ended up beating our friends there so we got to pick up the key and check out the room first. We were on the 19th floor in a penthouse. The beach view was breath taking and we got to get in a little quiet time before everyone arrived. Once everyone arrived the kids were really excited. The weather was extremely cold the first two days we were there. We ended up not even going down to the beach and just hung out in the room. Two days later the weather warmed up and we headed out to enjoy the beautiful water and the beach. Avah really liked the sand and Christian had a blast playing. The boys/men had more fun digging a hole than the kids did lol. The girls got to go shopping and enjoy a little girl time while the guys stayed back at the beach house with the kids. The trip to the beach seemed very short but luckily we had a couple of days to stop at Shelley's cabin and spend some more time with her and the kids. Her hubby Danny is deployed in Iraq so we chated with him via Skype which was cool. I really do feel for her and those kids. I can truly say that I look up to military wives who have deployed spouses they truly are amazing. The cabin we stayed in was beautiful and in the middle of no wheres. Shelley's family always makes us feel like family so we felt very much at home. All in all it was a great trip with awesome friends. I cannot wait for next year. p.s. If you are wondering what is with the name Christian called our friend Bobby cat's milk the whole trip. So we named the trip Cat's Milk 2009 lol.
0 comments:
Post a Comment