
Just beautiful!

At the expo!

Beignets at Cafe Du Monde!

New Orleans all the way!

Teri trying on her new Mardi Gras Mask!

Breakfast at Brennan's! So yummy!
13.1! Wow, really? I would like to thank my amazing husband for allowing me to train and to be with the kids while I was out of town, my best friend for pushing me and encouraging me even when I wanted to give up and God for always being there and totally getting me through that race! The Rock and Roll Half Marathon in New Orleans was awesome. I had no idea what a race like that would entail and boy was it awesome. We all woke up at 6:30 race day morning and headed down to the lobby to jump into our cab that took us to the race. It was a beautiful morning in New Orleans, Louisiana. Everyone was a little nervous but I kept telling myself this is just a training run just a training run. They played loud music to pump you up before the race started and it def. got me pumped up. I felt great especially since I had injured my foot three weeks before the race. Everyone took off in corals which made it easier to run because we were with runners who ran at our pace. After 5.1 miles I began to realize that I was actually doing this and that there was no turning back. My girlfriend who I had trained with for months was right there by my side and we were running through the beautiful city of New Orleans. At mile 11 my foot started to hurt really bad so I had to walk for two minutes and Ann would stop with me! Seriously what a friend. Then I prayed to God to just help me finish this race and there she was the woman wearing a shirt that read "In memory of Dad". I couldn't hold it back I started crying and then the endorphines kicked in. I was running this race for my dad!! As we turned the corner I could see it there it was the finish line!!!!! It truly was an amazing race and a amazing feeling to run that far and to have trained for so long and actually complete the race!
1 comments:
Awesome Desi!! I am so so so proud of what you accomplished. What an amazing story. It is so neat to see all the ways God brought you to and through this race. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment