Sunday, January 22, 2012

Not your average burger.


Kids enjoying their burgers!



What goes into the burger!

Seasoning for the burgers!
Pepper Corn Relish
Finished product!

Turkey burgers with pepper-corn relish. (Williams Sonoma)
1lb of ground turkey
2 tsp of ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
1 1/2 tsp of lime juice
1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
salt
1 tbsp of olive oil
8 slices of wegman's jalepeno cheese from the deli or pepper jack

Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix. I normally add 1 egg and panko bread crumbs to make the burgers stick together. If you decide to have left overs double the recipe because with our family it really doesn't make enough. Also, with the kiddos just leave out the cheese and use regular cheese :-) Christian eats an entire burger from this recipe and loves it.

Red pepper corn relish
1 tsp of olive oil
1 cup of corn kernels
1 red bell pepper chopped
6 tbs of red onion chopped
1 1/4 minced garlic(you be the judge doesn't have to be perfect)
Salt and ground pepper(because everyone hates bland food :-))
1 1/2 tbls fresh lime juice(really you should use the fresh stuff)
1 1/2 tbls of fresh cilantro(if you don't like it leave it out)

**I serve Alexia's frozen red potatoes with parmesan and olive oil on the side :-)

In a pan with the olive oil combine all of the ingredients cook until the onions are clear and refrigerate until your burgers are cooked. You can also cook this the night before.

Once the burgers are done place the patties on your bread then top with the relish! So delish. I have been a huge fan of the pioneer woman an I love to cook. My goal for this year is to share one good recipe a month with all of my favorite ladies. I always feel as though I am cooking the same things over and over again.

0 comments: