Thursday, November 6, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!




The Welch family is proud to announce that IT'S A GIRL. We were scheduled for our ultra-sound on Monday but Colin couldn't get off work so I immediately called the ultra-sound center to see if we could possibly get in early. They had an opening and let us in. We are saying good-bye to our really close friends Danny and Shelley and didn't want to tell anyone because I was going have dinner with Shelley this evening. It was really hard to keep it a secret since all of my friends knew how bad I wanted to have a girl. We went to dinner and I gave Shelley her going away gift. She was super excited and read the card but missed the bottom note. I had to tell her to read the card a second time and then to my suprise she bursted into tears. It was the fourth to best moment of my life. What better way to share such a great joy than with all of my best friends sitting at a table over dinner. It was a wonderful night and even though i'm so excited about our new little baby girl, I am also sad to see Shelley leave. The ultra-sound went really well and everything is going well with the baby. She has all of her little toes and all of her fingers. It was awesome to just sit there and watch her float around, well not really float she was a little crazy. Cutting flips, feet in the face, and then all balled up. She's some gymnast. I know you are wondering what was Colin's reaction well.....he was really surprised, nervous(now), and over whelmed because seeing the baby made it real for the both of us. My mom was also super excited. Which could not have made me happier. She said that she would be sending something pink in the mail right away. I just love her and I hope that we can have the bond that My mom and I share today. Colin's parent's were also excited. As for my dad not being here it would have been an awesome moment to see him hold his grand-daughter and spoil her but I know in my heart that he is watching over us. I cannot wait to bring our little girl into this world. Thankyou God so much for blessing us with a little girl!!!!!

3 comments:

Kay's Family said...

Congratulations! We are so very excited for your family.

John and Carrie said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!!!
Carrie

Melanie said...

What wonderful news! A beautiful, miraculous, Desi/Colin baby GIRL is on the way!!! Thank you for sharing! Christian is going to be the best BIG Brother....
Hugs from Carolina!!!