Sunday, May 1, 2011

6 years ago today...


Saying Goodbye 6 years ago!!

It was six years ago today on Colin birthday that we loaded up my 95 Camero and hit the road with Colin to the big city of Washington, D.C. I'll never forget that moment. It felt as if we were going in slow motion getting into the car as my mom and my sister waved outside. I had so much anxiety about leaving my childhood home and my childhood city. I also had anxiety about my future! I would be going to a new college in a new city that I had never stepped foot into and I was also leaving with a man that I had no idea if things would work out! Through these last 6 years God has changed my life in so many ways... Colin and I finally got engaged, we gave birth to Christian, I lost my Dad, we had a wonderful and beautiful formal ceremony and then a year and a half later we were blessed with our sweet daughter Avah might I mention we also made friends with wonderful people who have taught us that you can have family away from your real family. Still in all of these situations my heart longs to be closer to my mom and for the kids to be able to know cousins, aunts and uncles. I do get envious after years of praying every time that I hear someone is moving and someone has sold their house(which we may never be able to do). However I need to ask myself what is God telling me or trying to teach me at this moment. I do feel that I have become more patient in our situation and that I have learned a lot of important life lessons as I see many of my friends come and go... I just need to be patient and learn how to ask the right things of my God, my Savior. So here's to waiting this morning and to trusting God because I do know that he has a plan for all of us and a right time for everything!

1 comments:

Kay's Family said...

Hugs! He does have a plan! Praying you through and hoping for you. I will say, the few people I know who made it out (including myself) say it's when they really let go of it that it happened. It sounds like you're in the right place and God will honor your faith, be it giving you what your heart desires OR changing your heart's desire. Praying!