Saturday, January 24, 2009

Christian's transition!


On January 7, 2008 I decided that it was time for Christian to move into his big boy room. Actually he sort of decided for me. We had spent most of our time at Sandra's house that morning and the kids were totally wiped out by the time 2:00 rolled around. When we reached the front door of our house that day Christian asked me if he could sleep in his big boy room. He was almost begging lol. So as I stood there for a minute thinking if i should wait or not..WHY WOULD I? My two year old was asking to make a big change that I had been dreading for months. It was the easiest transition ever. I wanted to wait for Colin but if he was asking to sleep in his big boy room why wait and prolong the experience lol. I laid him down and he slept until 4:30 that day. When it was time to go to bed that night I knew that he was ready. So we put him in it again. He did such a wonderful job. He has been such a blessing and such an easy child. Ginger suggested this wonderful bed rail that we use and it makes me feel very comfortable that he still feels caged in like he's in his crib. lol I hope that his transition with his new baby sister will be as easy as it was getting into his BIG BOY BED!!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Look at that big boy in his bed! Great job! :)