Sunday, May 17, 2009

Avah's Home!

That's right we are finally home now. I could not tell you how excited I was to get the news from the Doctor and the nurses. We are so glad to be back in our home. Avah had a follow up apt. yesterday. Her ANC levels are back down to 700. They still do not know what is causing this. They called the specialist at Fairfax and he said as long as she is eating and acting normal then there is nothing to worry about and it will take time. If she does develop a fever we will have to bring her back to the ER but to Fairfax this time so that the specialist can watch over her. Infants are already little bundles of warm joy so I am constantly worried. Thanks to Jen for supplying us with a temporal thermometer. It's super easy and works really quick. It is so frustrating not knowing what is wrong. But I know that God is watching over our little angel. Over the last couple of days she has started to have such a little personality. She has been smiling and cooing which is super cute. I hope that we can get through this and that she will be better. A special thanks to my husband and to his mom. They both have been very helpful. It was nice knowing that Christian was home with his Gunga so it put less of a strain on me. Also, thankyou Colin for always asking if we needed something and if I was okay. We are not allowed to take her anywhere since her WBC is so low. She basically has no immune system right now. I pray that by next thursday she will be cleared. We are expecting the arrival of PaPa Toe and MiMi on Friday night! I'm so glad to be able to see my mom again!

0 comments: