Friday, May 15, 2009

Part 3


Avah in her bed!

Sporting her super cute pink tape!
Smiles for mommy! Her eyes were open until the camera flashed
this was a great treat for me this morning
as my spirits have been a little down lately!

So with only 5 hours of sleep last night i'm going to blog please forgive me if I don't make sense sometimes. Last night was AWFUL Avah's schedule is so messed up from being in the hospital she decided it was going to be party time last night and that she would like to win the award for the loudest baby on the ward. Avah did not get to sleep last night until 3 am. I went outside to get some water and ice at 2:30 and it was a ghost town. All the other babies were out. The nurse that was on duty last night was ..... not that great(i'm being nice). She managed to forget to connect the anti-biotics and medication was all over the floor. Avah had just fallen asleep and I didnt notice the medication so you know what happened next they had to reconnect the anti-biotics clean the floor which required them to turn on all of the lights. Avah woke up and was not happy. It turned out to be round 16 of attempting to get her to go back to sleep. When the charge nurse came in to the room she was NOT very happy and ended up taking care of us for the rest of the shift. She went to get Avah a nice little T-shirt and some sweet little pants. On a much better note we got Avah's results back this morning and her WBC is now at 1600 which is awesome Thank God!!! Please keep Christian in your prayers when he is tired and worn he has been lashing out at Colin's mom. I guess he doesn't want his mommy to be replaced which is totally understandable. I wouldn't want her to be replaced either :-) Thankyou all for your prayers! They are much needed! P.S. Even though the nurse last night wasn't that great the staff at Fair Oaks has been great! They are constantly asking if we need anything or if there is any way that they can help out. Last night the Tech even offered to come in the room and hold Avah while I slept! So Thanks to all of the staff here!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry you had such a rough night. What a treat to get some smiles this morning. :) We're thanking God for the good report on Avah's WBC level going up and continuing the prayers for her and for mommy, daddy and big brother!