Hello to all. We are currently at Fair Oaks Hospital because on Monday night Avah came down with a fever of 101.4. We called the advice nurse at our peds office and she told us to take her to the emergency room and not to administer any tylenol. I jumped in our car and drove to Fair Oaks Hospital. My triage nurse was super nice and kept me in the back room so that I didn't have to wait in the waiting room with coughing people and what not. Once we got into our room they told us that they would have to do a spinal tap. They tried once and didn't get any spinal fluid so they called the Pediatric Doctor on call. He came in and administered the spinal tap and was able to get enough for the cultures. It broke my heart to have to walk out of that room but I knew that it was necessary. Colin wasn't at the hospital so our gracious friend Jen helped out ( Thankyou so much). Jen stayed with Christian while Colin came and met me. They didn't get us into our room until 2 o'clock so we were really exhausted. Colin went home once Avah and I were settled in and we both got a little rest until it was time to feed. Avah realy does not like being hooked up to any of the monitors. She has managed to pull her oxygen monitor off three times and has riped her iv out. She's def. ready to get back home. Today we got a visit from Mrs. Teri who popped in on us. It was so nice to have a visitor and someone to help out. She got to spend some special moments holding Avah and it allowed me to have a little break. Colin also came over to visit and bring big brother Christian to see his little sister. They went to Moby Dick's and picked up diner which was so thoughtful! (I love you!) The nurses thought Christian was adorable and that his attempts at pooping in the hospital potty deserved toy trucks. They have been so nice and so thoughtful to all of us. They love Avah so much that they will wrap her i.v with either purple or pink tape lol. She is also in the cutest baby gown! It's so tiny and looks just like an adult gown. In the meantime i recieved a call from my OB/GYN telling me that I would have to reschedule my apt. and I wouldn't be able to get in until May 27th needless to say I am pretty bumbed. But hey God has a reason for everything. Colin called his mom this afternoon to ask her if she could possibly fly in and stay with Christian tomorrow while he goes into work and she said YES! They will be picking up Gunga from the airport late tonight! I really just want to thank everyone for their prayers and especially thank those who have gone out of their way to help us. It is such a blessing to have all of you in our lives! Thanks so much!
Graduation Day
3 months ago
1 comments:
Hey Desi,
We will be praying for Avah and y'all. We know how hard this is and how difficult it is to see your little baby hooked up to all that stuff. :( Please keep us updated when you can.
Love,
Jessica
Post a Comment