As most of you fellow facebookers know I have been training for a half-marathon race with all of my wonderful friends. Women who have taught me to continue on and to push through anything and to rely on God because he will provide. We have been training for this race for 7 months now. Might I add that it has been an amazing 7 months. Running has opened up a new way to pray and for Mommy to get some me time. As I sit here and write this right now I am so thankful for our God who has provided me with two legs to get me going and to keep me moving. I must admit in the last couple of months I have been lacking in reading my bible. On our 11 mile run I trusted in myself and not God that I would get through the run with no injuries, that was on Sunday. On Monday my foot started to swell and the muscles were damaged. I was in a lot of pain the week after we ran and ended up going to the Dr. Of course he didn't say anything that I wanted to hear "No running for 4 weeks!" WHAT! I thought to myself "Are you crazy?" I was so disappointed it was like someone had punched me in the gut and I was also disappointed because my best friend and I had been training together for so long. We relied on each other to get through those very long runs. Well today when I woke up this morning I am going to rely on God to get me though these next 3 weeks. He is in control of this and he will make the ultimate decision if I will run or not. Someone wrote this.....
Graduation Day
4 months ago
1 comments:
The hardest part of running a 1/2 marathon is mentally preparing yourself for the distance. Even with a rest, you will TOTALLY rock your race; after all, if you've run 11 miles, what's 2 more? Take the time to heal. If you must workout, see if you can get to a pool. (Running in the pool is a GREAT workout, even if you do look silly.)
Post a Comment