Monday, January 24, 2011

Christian's Surgery!


Waiting!

Christian and mommy!


Playing with his cap!

He got the royal treatment! The nurses kept bringing him
hot blankets.

Christian and Daddy ready to go in!

C in his super big surgery clothes!

Waiting in the Lobby when we first got there! No one else looked
as excited as he did to have surgery!

Today was Christian's Epigastric Hernia Surgery at INOVA Fairoaks Outpatient Center. We left the house at 6:00 this morning in order to be at the Center for 7:15. The night before I was pretty restless. I knew that it was an outpatient surgery but the thought of my child being put under still makes me cringe. Christian was a trooper in the morning because he could not have anything to eat or drink and he did such a wonderful job. A couple of days ago I asked him who he would like to have in the operating room with him and he said Colin(Thank God) I did NOT want to be in there. I am still scared to go under to have my wisdom teeth removed and i'm not kidding. So anyways they brought us in the back waiting room and got Christian changed into a fabulous gown and HUGE pants. It was pretty funny. The nurse had him write a YES on this hernia and so he did. He never cried and rode into the OR in a wagon saying "Weeee!" the entire time. The doctor came out of surgery and told us everything went well and we were brought back into the recovery room. He wasn't awake yet and was peacefully sleeping. His eyes started to open and he was so mad. He was mad and wanted to go home. I don't really blame him. It took him about an hour to fully wake up and then we were released from the hospital. I praise God that everything went well.

1 comments:

Heather said...

So glad that all went well; I was thinking about all of you.