
Helping bake the cookies!

Crushing the crumbs!

This is what we got this morning!

C & A They just love the snow!

Iced and ready to eat!

Don't they look so delicious!
This morning we had plans to bake and Colin was going to go bike riding(new hobby). When I looked out the window little did I know it was snowing. Colin ended up canceling his bike riding trip and I started baking. First off in the oven were Dollie Madison cookies! These are so awesome. They are filled with chocolate chips, pecans and coconut! All of the ingredients I love in cookies. Several years ago a friend came over and bought me the most wonderful cinnamon rolls one morning for breakfast. If you know my 4 year old he is a huge fan of cinnamon rolls so this made his day. After eating them and LOVING them I asked her if she wouldn't mind coming over and helping me make these delicious cinnamon rolls that are made from scratch! She said "Yes!" This morning she came over with her two girls and showed me how to make her (secret recipe) cinnamon rolls. I had no idea how much hard work she put into these cinnamon rolls. From using the right spoon, to making the dough rise perfectly and then to top it off the amazing icing that needs just the right amount of time to be mixed. So much hard work! I appreciated them when she bought them to me that morning but it wasn't until today that I really APPRECIATED them! Wowa! It took us 3 hours to make those cinnamon rolls. It's kind of like me not truly being able to appreciate my mom until I had children of my own. We had a great time and in the end I was able to freeze all of the cinnamon rolls and not have to waste the store bought tube cinnamon rolls because I normally do not eat those. Next thing on my birthday list Kitchen Aid mixer!! Thanks again Patricia that was wonderful!
0 comments:
Post a Comment