
Yummy Fried Shrimp compliments of Aunt Judy's Cooking!

He requested that Aunt Judy fry him some shrimp! So she fried away!
Wednesday was a bitter sweet day. Wednesday we took the kids to Abbeville to visit my Great Great Aunt and my dad's mom and Dad. My aunt loves to cook and the kids love her because she is very energetic even at an older age. My and aunt and I have a lot in common. We both love to sew and we both love to cook. Every time I go home she shares a family recipe with me and this time it was her jarred beets! Yummy! She always out does herself and cooked an amazing lunch for all of us fried catfish, fried shrimp, shrimp etoufee, beets, chow chow and some awesome fig cake. I always wonder if my grandmother(my mother's mom) would have been just like her sister. I love my Aunt as if she were my grandmother and I value her love and her cooking so much. I wish that we could see her more often then once a year. After my aunts house we went to visit my dad's parent's. That was a really hard visit since I had not been to their house since my dad had passed away. My grandmother has aged so much and my paw paw Rudy has as well but is still in good spirits. It was nice that my grandmother got to finally meet Avah. It was truly a hard reality that my dad is really gone though. It is so easy to get caught up in the fast past life of Northern VA and to forget that you have lost someone so special to your heart. I also found out that my Aunt is very sick as well and has cancer. Overall it was a sad visit but it made me feel much better that I went to see them and that they got to spend time with the kids.
0 comments:
Post a Comment